- All of our brushes are made in the USA and some are from recycled or sustainably harvested materials, and roller covers are highly reusable without compromising quality.
- Drop cloths are made of canvas and are reusable.
- Plastics are used sparingly, being conscience of the amount of waste we generate that will end up in landfills.
- We purchase products that are manufactured right here in Chicago whenever possible, including drop cloths and work clothing.
- Other low- or no-VOC paints and finishes we use include Colorhouse, C2 Paint, Benjamin Moore , Sherwin Williams , Green Planet Paints, and Vermont Natural Coatings, Portola Paints, General Finishes, Modern Masters and Farrow and Ball.
- Additional materials, including no- and low-VOC caulks and non-toxic spackling compound, are standard. For the chemically sensitive, we use a natural, hypoallergenic joint compound.
- Leftover paint is donated to community and civic groups (if the client chooses not to keep it). All finished paint cans are recycled.
No-VOC paint is a smart choice that contributes to a healthier indoor air quality and outdoor environment. The paints we use have incredible color palettes and are highly regarded by design experts. Best of all, they don’t stink up a room!
The stinky fumes that come from traditional latex and oil paints are the smells of different chemicals, none of which are good for you or the atmosphere. These chemicals can cause respiratory illness, headaches, nausea and are especially harmful to infants, children, the elderly and people with chemical sensitivities. When they evaporate, these chemicals become greenhouse gases.
By choosing a no-VOC paint, you won’t have to worry about these harmful additives in your home.
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Chlorinated Ethanes
- Aromatic Solvents
- Phlorinated Ethylenes
- Polynuclear Aromatics
- Metals and their compounds